Author Topic: Whitedog adventure...  (Read 691 times)

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
Whitedog adventure...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »
So, Dave h. Was right.  By the time we got to Whitedog, the level was dropping so we tried a few surfs, but would typewriter to the tongue that isn't there at higher levels. Ryan suggested for us to run the Harrington canyon. What could go wrong. He did it once at 150. It was around 400....

Ryan found the takeout and Putin. It made me realize that we might have another 'Bill type mind' in the club. I couldn't find either the next day....

We saw the canyon.  First bit was fine, but the last bit was huge holes with limited space to go through. Since there was only 3 of us, we decided to hike it...type 2 fun, right Ryan! First time I was left in the woods  thinking I would be spending the night. Eventually after some whistles and yells I was found!

It was worth it. Long rapids with huge waves everywhere. So much fun! I so want to do the Grand Canyon! We were all smiling!

Ryan told us about an S turn with a huge hole on the right. Somehow both Ryan and Robert decided to surf it. Not sure if it was really a decision...

We scouted another rapid to just make sure. It was nothing so Robert went first ( he hadn't scouted...) and he managed to find some boils...

Fun day!