Author Topic: Gatineau on the week-end  (Read 2592 times)

Offline jforbesca

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-0
Re: Gatineau on the week-end
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
Looking to share a ride on Sat.
Jim,
613-829-1008 after 6 tonight.

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
If you say you show up at 11:00, we'll be there waiting for you (me, Paul and a couple others).

--C.

YUP

Paul:)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 10:26:42 PM »
If you say you show up at 11:00, we'll be there waiting for you (me, Paul and a couple others).

--C.

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
We are interested.  What time are people meeting at Bonnet Rouge? (Please say 11:00)

Adam

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »
If weather is nice, I will go up Friday after work. I'll bring some astronomy equipment, so I may not have much room, but if someone really needs a ride...

--C.

Offline Stefan Wesche

• CdbMember2018
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
Hi all,

Is anyone going up just for the day Saturday that would want to include me (and my boat) in their carpool? I would contribute gas money, of course, as well as my everlasting gratefulness... :)

Stefan

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
http://www.quebecwhitewater.com/en/river-level/view/32-gatineau-maniwaki

Has the pertinent information or at least gets you close enough to read the signage for the Bonnet Rouge campground which is the takeout.

Sounds good! I won't have access to internet again until Saturday evening, but can someone post/coordinate a meeting time and location before then so that I know where to meet you guys on Sunday morning? Keep in mind I've never been there before, so I won't know any of the common meeting spots or put-ins.

Thanks!
Jordan

Offline Jordan Reinders

• CdBMember2015
  • Class III
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
Sounds good! I won't have access to internet again until Saturday evening, but can someone post/coordinate a meeting time and location before then so that I know where to meet you guys on Sunday morning? Keep in mind I've never been there before, so I won't know any of the common meeting spots or put-ins.

Thanks!
Jordan

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Carless PhD student, often looking for a ride! :)
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »
I have found a ride for Saturday morning, so see you all there for two days of paddling!

(And thanks very much for the offer of a ride on Sunday, Jordan; I won't take you up on it this time, but will see you up there!)

Peter

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »
Sunday morning sounds like a good plan, Jordan... with the caveat that I'm still hoping to find a ride with someone else on Friday night or Saturday morning (so that I could paddle on Saturday as well).

If anyone else has room available on Friday or Saturday, I'd be glad to hear from you (here, or via private message).

And I'll be in touch with you, Jordan, as any offers materialize, or not!

Cheers,
Peter

Offline Jordan Reinders

• CdBMember2015
  • Class III
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
I think I might be able to put one of the boats on the roof and the other inside... I think personally I would rather go up early on sunday morning than camp over on saturday night, as it simplifies things greatly. It means both less equipment and less fees, not to mention set-up and take-down times.

(Also, I wouldn't be free to leave on saturday until probably around 9:00 in the evening, which is a little to late to enjoy setting up camp and hanging out)

What would you think about leaving by about 8:30 on sunday morning, to be there for about 10:00 or so? Which brings up the next question of where do I pick you up/where do we meet? (assuming no rides come up for earlier in the weekend)

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
Thanks for the offer Jordan!  I'm paddling a Monstar, so it's a bigger (especially *wider*) play boat and may or may not work in your vehicle.  (Monstar Specs: 6'4" long x 28.3" wide x 15" deep, and 73 gallons; if any of that helps clarify.)

Let me know if you think it'll fit, Jordan, and I'll take you up on your offer... unless I can find another ride earlier in the weekend!  (Anyone... anyone...? :))

(And I should have said: gas money, and knowing the way to Bonnet Rouge are included in my oh-so-generous offer of passenger-ship!  Providing a cooked meal on Saturday night could be negotiated too!  :D)

Thanks,
Peter

Offline Jordan Reinders

• CdBMember2015
  • Class III
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 09:47:18 AM »
What kind of boat do you have? I might be able to take you up on sunday for a day trip, but I'm not sure if the car can fit two kayaks or not. (It should be able to, but I have a longer (7'2") Pyranha Loki, so if you have a creekboat or larger playboat it might be hard).

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »
Anybody got car room for one more (plus paddling and camping gear)?
I'd love to go for the weekend (leave Friday, return Sunday)... but would also settle for Sat-Sun, or either Sat or Sun!
Thanks,
Peter

Offline Jordan Reinders

• CdBMember2015
  • Class III
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 04:28:55 PM »
Ah, perfect. Thanks Christian!

The 7 Sisters post seems implies that the campsite is the take-out spot... Is this correct? (my lack of paddling experience at these locations is probably quite evident). Unless I hear from others, I'll plan to be there at around 9:30 to explore the area and get my stuff in order. Anytime after that would work for me to set up a shuttle and head up to the put in (or down to the take-out? whichever it is..)

...And yes, this time I'll have fully functional floatbags installed in my Loki... Just for the sake of those people that had to rescue my boat on the Ottawa River (Dave, Adam, and some others who helped as well!)

Grace and Peace,
Jordan