Author Topic: Weekend of Paddling: Beaver/Eagle Sept 6 & ? Sept 7  (Read 2842 times)

Offline lafreniere.luc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +13/-3
Re: Weekend of Paddling: Beaver/Eagle Sept 6 & ? Sept 7
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Chris, just to clarify because of the confusion... when you say Saturday, you mean the 6th? Or this upcoming weekend?

Offline chris.s

• CdBMember2014
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
I will be there for saturday. Might have a buddy with me

Offline robert monti

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
My bad Luc.  Got the date wrong.  You are talking about the w/e after Labour Day.  Ignore last post.

Offline robert monti

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-4
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »
Luc,

Moshier Falls Section of the Beaver on Sunday. Beautiful drops that you can carry up and repeat. It's like Christmas Day. AW negotiated one runnable day for that stretch. It's dewatered the rest of the time for hydro. You are there already running the other two sections. Why would you leave that out and go anywhere else?

Offline lafreniere.luc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +13/-3
Weekend of Paddling: Beaver/Eagle Sept 6 & ? Sept 7
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:47 AM »
Hi folks,

Saturday, Sept 6th:

Jon Ward and I are planning on heading down and camp Friday, Sept 5th and paddle the Taylorville/Eagle sections of the Beaver on the Saturday. Dam release is scheduled for 10AM to 2PM for Taylorville, and 1PM to 5PM Eagle section.

Plan is to meet at the Taylorville takeout for 10:30AM (allowing anyone from Ottawa to join us). Coordinates: 43.927120, -75.321590

Do a few laps then head over to the Eagle section and do the same.

Information on each section here:

Taylorville: http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/2612/#main

Eagle: http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/2614/

If you have not been there before, the Taylorville section is a lot of fun, but very short run. The Eagle section is definitely for the more advanced boaters and has serious consequences if you make a mistake but the most exhilarating run I have ever done. From experience, I highly recommend full creeking gear for the Eagle (full face, elbow pads, etc.) and keep it mind for the Taylorville section. If you don't want to paddle the Eagle, you can definitely be a rescue/spectator. Easy access and highly entertaining. Also, rescue folks are much appreciated as some have learned last year.

Sunday, Sept 7th:

Jon and I are planning on paddling. We're open to suggestions. In an ideal world, something in the states since we're down there but we're willing to come back home to go and do something like the Rouge. Post suggestions here.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:18:08 AM by lafreniere.luc »