Author Topic: Palmer Rapids Weekend - Paddling Clinics  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
  • Carless PhD student, often looking for a ride! :)
Re: Palmer Rapids Weekend - Paddling Clinics
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
I'm interested in coming up for the weekend, and joining the Intermediate paddling clinic.

Is anyone traveling from Ottawa, with space for a passenger (plus boat and camping gear)?  Happy to chip in on gas (and even driving)!

I'd be happy to go up on Friday (leaving anytime), or on Saturday in time for the afternoon clinic.

(I *might* also have a second boat that I'd like to bring, if the ride opportunity allows: I'm considering a new (to me) boat, and will see if I can try it out for that weekend.)

Thanks,
=Peter

Offline acampbell

• CdBMember2022
  • Class III
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:08:15 PM »
My plans have been changed.

I will be coming to Palmer Rapids from home (south western Ontario) so I will no longer be able to give Zack a ride from Ottawa.

My daughters renovation schedule got changed.

Still interested in the intermediate clinic, etc.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and time on the river to paddle together.

Allan

Offline acampbell

• CdBMember2022
  • Class III
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:38:40 AM »
Sounds good
Interested in the intermediate clinic.
Willing to give Zack a ride from Ottawa the same as last year.
This is a great opportunity for all.
Allan

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Palmer Rapids Weekend - Paddling Clinics
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:51:43 AM »
As part of our annual Palmer Rapids' weekend, we will be running white water kayak clinics on Saturday  for  both beginner paddlers (in the morning) and intermediate paddlers (in the afternoon).  The cost will be $10 per person (the club is subsidizing the cost).

The beginner clinic is planned to run from 11:00am to 13:30 and the intermediate clinic is planned from 14:30pm to 17:00pm. This is later, to allow people to arrive and get their tents up, etc.

We are trying to gauge the level of interest in these sessions.  Please let us know by responding to this post and letting us know what level would interest you.

Our instructor is Zach Zwanenburg, a great young paddler from Cornwall. You may have seen him competing at the Level Six Cup at Bate Island in the past, or at our pool sessions helping people out this past winter. He also holds the title of junior national champion in Freestyle & Slalom kayaking and placed 9th at the 2014 freestyle World Cup.  Many of you probably know his father, Robert Zwanenburg, who is the founder and president of CREW, Cornwall REcreational Whitewater.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:54:21 AM by jonyak »