Author Topic: Lower Rouge Oct 12  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
  • Carless PhD student, often looking for a ride! :)
Re: Lower Rouge Oct 12
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 10:55:40 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks Yannick, for the photos; looking forward to the videos(?)!
And thanks for the swimming help in Washing Machine, all!
=Peter

Offline ylockhead

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 09:52:10 PM »

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 09:03:21 PM »
Great day indeed!

We had a largish group (13), quite unexpected this late in the year! Everyone had fun, and everyone missed Paul Potvin, even the folks at Patalou Poutine who added an extra poutine to Luc's order just in case Paul showed up...

I didn't run all 5 drops like Luc, Seamus and Mark did. This was exactly one year after I ran the same river and ended up having an all-expenses-paid one week holiday on Smyth Road, so was happy just to be there. It was nice to see the lines demonstrated on the first two drops, so will do them next time.

But also happy that I discussed the meat line on the right at the last drop with two paddlers, including the other Luke, and we ran it without problem. I still went too far right...

The boof line at the washing machine was really nice. Many executed it well, including Marc G. Speaking of him, this time he was inside his kayak when it performed the seal launch... Let's say that the same kayak was a bit frisky last time we were there, and could not wait for its owner to be in it before flying into the water.

Thanks Yannick for the ride and for filming all seal launches (except for his own)! We are waiting for a little YouTube action! Cheers!

--C.

Nice to know I was missed. I had quite enough of the Rouge this year. Tired of being the entertainment. Spent the day at Champlain Bridge soul surfing tiny little waves in the middle and not being scared shitless. Great way to end the season unless the water levels rise and Sewer Waves comes in.

Cheers,

Paul😄

Offline egilbert

• CdBMember2022
  • Class III
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
Thank you all for being so helpful on the river. Monica had a great time and so did I.

Elizabeth

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »
Great day indeed!

We had a largish group (13), quite unexpected this late in the year! Everyone had fun, and everyone missed Paul Potvin, even the folks at Patalou Poutine who added an extra poutine to Luc's order just in case Paul showed up...

I didn't run all 5 drops like Luc, Seamus and Mark did. This was exactly one year after I ran the same river and ended up having an all-expenses-paid one week holiday on Smyth Road, so was happy just to be there. It was nice to see the lines demonstrated on the first two drops, so will do them next time.

But also happy that I discussed the meat line on the right at the last drop with two paddlers, including the other Luke, and we ran it without problem. I still went too far right...

The boof line at the washing machine was really nice. Many executed it well, including Marc G. Speaking of him, this time he was inside his kayak when it performed the seal launch... Let's say that the same kayak was a bit frisky last time we were there, and could not wait for its owner to be in it before flying into the water.

Thanks Yannick for the ride and for filming all seal launches (except for his own)! We are waiting for a little YouTube action! Cheers!

--C.

Offline Seamus

• CdbMember2018
  • Class II
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 08:25:46 AM »
Luc, Bill, Dave, Daniel, and everyone else,

Thanks for letting Mark and I tag along. Beautiful day, nice people, great water. I would have been happy to walk the Sisters, but seeing Luc step up, then my brother, I could not let this opportunity pass. This was bucket list material for my brother and I. My heart was in my throat the whole time, especially after providing safety on Sister 6, watching two ugly beatdowns, then having to go up and run afterwards.

Seamus

P.S. does anyone have a Werner Double Diamond for sale? Say 198 cm, 12 degree offset :)

Offline lafreniere.luc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +13/-3
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 08:59:45 PM »
Beautiful day on the river! That was one of the best paddle days I've had, both weather and challenge wise.

Big thanks to Seamus and his brother Mark for tagging along and doing safety along the 7 Sisters (they paddled all of the Sisters too). Also, thanks to everyone that was willing to have throw bags ready on the first big drops at the portage and to Dave who diligently followed along on the opposite shore (he couldn't do much but he was more than willing!).

Managed to get all of the Sisters under my belt today. Get to finally check this off of my kayak to do list.

Here are a few pics of others at Seuil Elizabeth.

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-2
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
I'm in; see you folks at Tims.

Offline lafreniere.luc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +13/-3
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »
Glad rides are working out. Sorry, was out of town the last couple of days. I definitely still have room (just two in my car). 

So if anyone wants to jump in at Tims, won't be a problem. 

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
I will meet you at Tim Horton's. I put my creek boat on the car. --C.

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Carless PhD student, often looking for a ride! :)
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »
Bill has graciously offered Luke and me a ride on Monday, so see you all there!
(Thanks also to Yannick for offering too!)
=Peter

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 07:13:48 PM »
Hi Seamus,

Check your email for info.

Bill

Offline Seamus

• CdbMember2018
  • Class II
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 06:37:02 PM »
I am coming from Kingston, and will not be passing through Ottawa, so looking for a time and place to meet.

Some of you are meeting at Tim's.
Is the Tim's located in Hawksbury? or Grenville?

thanks,
Seamis

Offline Lukepomeroy

• CdBMember2015
  • Class II
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 11:11:15 AM »
Id be interested can I get a lift with anyone?

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 05:13:20 PM »
Have fun guys! I wish I could make it but I will be visiting family this weekend.