Author Topic: Mountain River NWT - looking for paddler  (Read 651 times)

Offline CdB-Exec

• CDB Executive
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
Mountain River NWT - looking for paddler
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
The following email was received via the club's contact page.
Please contact the organizer if you are interested.

First Name/Prénom: Adam
Last Name/Nom: Douglas
Email Address/Courriel: adam.douglas@international.gc.ca
Subject/Sujet: Canoe Trip Hlep

Apologies in advance for the out-of-the-blue email, but I’m hoping you might be able to help me out. I’m planning a whitewater canoe trip to the Mountain River in the NWT for July 15-29 (roughly). We were six canoeists, which is the number we need in order for the trip to be a go, but unfortunately one of our paddlers has had to back out and now were scrambling a bit to find a sixth (we could also go up to as high as 10 canoeists). I’m wondering if you have an email distribution list you would be willing to pass on this email to? I’m looking to reach out to potentially interested paddlers.

In terms of details, the Mountain has been described as one of the best whitewater rivers in Canada. It stretches more than 300 km from the Northern Selywn mountains and empties into the Mackenzie River basin. There is nearly continuous whitewater along much of its length including six challenging canyons. The river itself drops 4 metres every kilometer. There is only one portage and the length of time required to run it is approximately 2 weeks. We’re not doing a guided trip, which helps to minimize the cost. For example, Blackfeather offers this trip for about C$6000 and our aim is to keep the trip around the C$2500 mark (not including the flights, but points can be used to fly to Norman Wells). I've included a couple of links below.

Thanks in advance, would appreciate any help you can provide.

Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv9BGJOzbac
http://canoenorthadventures.com/adventures/current/mountain