Author Topic: Rouge 7 sisters Wednesday 13 14:00  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Re: Rouge 7 sisters Wednesday 13 14:00
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Christian,

What's the story behind the dent?

Is there a video?

Paul  ;D

No video, 'cause you weren't there to film...

Running Great White Slide backwards. Somehow boat knew to avoid hole at bottom, but must have hit a rock along the way.

This boat needs to be kept on a tight leash, but otherwise very forgiving as you can see.

All this was after about a whole minute side-surfing the small hole above Beaverator. I didn't want to fall down that, and flipping was definitely not an option. So after a while I managed to turn the boat into a back surf and sink the stern--at which point I popped on top of the foam pile and resumed the line I was already intending to do. Looked professional... But I was spent, so only did the one lap.

In conclusion the boat is very forgiving but it must be paddled aggressively. So keep your Villain.

--C.

WOW,  backwards eh? Glad that ended well for you and for your boat after some TLC!
Yup I'm keeping the Villain!

Have fun on the Rouge!

Paul

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »
Christian,

Is there a video?

Paul  ;D

No video, 'cause you weren't there to film...

Running Great White Slide backwards. Somehow boat knew to avoid hole at bottom, but must have hit a rock along the way.

This boat needs to be kept on a tight leash, but otherwise very forgiving as you can see.

All this was after about a whole minute side-surfing the small hole above Beaverator. I didn't want to fall down that, and flipping was definitely not an option. So after a while I managed to turn the boat into a back surf and sink the stern--at which point I popped on top of the foam pile and resumed the line I was already intending to do. Looked professional... But I was spent, so only did the one lap.

In conclusion the boat is very forgiving but it must be paddled aggressively. So keep your Villain.

--C.

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-1
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 04:26:32 PM »
Super!

Hey there! We are meeting at the take out at 10h30 tomorrow morning. Not too sure where though. I did a quick map to show you where we used to park, let me know if that's ok. Just one thing though, we will be paddling with my friend who hasn't paddled in 2 years. He is a bit nervous and feels rusted so we are going to take our time, scout and set safety if needed. Hope that's ok with you Christian.
Anybody else who wants to join is more than welcomed! Cheers.

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
Christian,

Is there a video?

Paul  ;D

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:42 AM »
Super!

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
That would be great Christian, I'll post more details here about the time and meeting point tomorrow.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:36:53 PM »
Hey there cool farmer! 8) I'm planning to go on Thursday with a buddy, can't tomorrow. By the way, I've checked and the camping at highway 148 is closed during the week, only open on weekends now. Plan to park on the other side of the 148. Gimme a shout if you ever change your mind and want to go Thursday. Cheers

Can't tomorrow--teach til 14:30!!!

They told us last year we can park at the municipal camping entrance when they're closed as long as the gate isn't blocked.

François: I can go Thursday anytime (day, after work etc.)!!! I need to get used to my new creek boat. I put a big dent in its rear end on the Beaver. But I fixed it with boiling water!

--C.

Offline coolfarmer816

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »
perfect Dave see you at the gate at the 148 road as usual.

I cant  Thursday Francois but others members will see and could paddle one or the 2 days :)

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »
Hey there cool farmer! 8) I'm planning to go on Thursday with a buddy, can't tomorrow. By the way, I've checked and the camping at highway 148 is closed during the week, only open on weekends now. Plan to park on the other side of the 148. Gimme a shout if you ever change your mind and want to go Thursday. Cheers

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 03:10:48 PM »
I'm in  8)

Offline coolfarmer816

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
Rouge 7 sisters Wednesday 13 14:00
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
Due to the nice forecast for tomorrow, I'm taking afternoon off tomorow and will on la Rouge 7 sister with Marc Gendron.

Any paddlers availaible?

we will be at the take out camping ont the 148 road at 14:00

Daniel  819 635 5876