Author Topic: MACKFEST is POSTPONED AGAIN!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
Re: MACKFEST is POSTPONED AGAIN!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:12:29 AM »
Difficult to hold an event when Mother Nature doesn't co-operate ... river levels are dropping fast so hope it rains next week.

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: MACKFEST is POSTPONED AGAIN!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 09:25:26 PM »
Go to the Mackfest Facebook page for more info!

Here is the post from the MACKFest FB page by Tom Legere:

As much as I hate to do this (and no one is more sick of looking at the weather forecast than me), the threat of a severe ice storm this weekend has forced us to postpone MACKfest one more week. Baring a cataclysmic weather event, MACKfest WILL take place next weekend, Friday, April 20 ā€“ Sunday April 22. Full stop. Safety has to override everything and in this case, it has much more to do with the highways than rivers. Not to mention the lousy conditions for camping. Not to mention cold, miserable days on the river. Not to mention the fact no one really likes to stand around a campfire in the cold rain. Not to mention that I want the best attendance for our great sponsors and super-accommodating host Bunkers. Iā€™m well aware that there are not a group of outdoor enthusiasts as rugged and willing to put up with crappy weather than paddlers but weighing all factors, I feel this is the only decision to make. Hope to see you next weekend ā€“ special thanks to Bunkers for their flexibility in rescheduling staffing and food planning for us.

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-1
    • My YouTube channel
MACKFEST is POSTPONED AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 08:51:48 PM »
Go to the Mackfest Facebook page for more info!