Author Topic: Ottawa river weekend (July13-15)  (Read 5018 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
Re: Ottawa river weekend (July13-15)
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »
Hi all.

Just to clarify:

if you click on the reservation link in Daniel's original message, you will be taken to our reservation page, which is ONLY PARTLY PAID as I write this. The total is about 450$ and the balance left to pay as of Wednesday 11th 13:45 is about 405$. So it appears that Daniel (or Paul?) charged his card 15$ for one night, and I charged mine 30$ since I will stay Friday as well. If it turns out that I have to pay for Friday separately, then someone can use my Saturday payment...

Please understand that this is an honour system, we do not have a way to check who has paid or not, so be kind and visit the link

http://www.riverrunrafting.com/resources/payments/?rsvno=129026&glcustno=5911450&pmtamt=15

and charge 15$ to your credit card if you are participating! Nobody really believes in Karma, but everybody swims eventually...

See you all there!

--C.

P.S.

To those who might base their decision whether or not to participate on what has become a great contemporary form of entertainment, namely weather prediction channels:

Please be reminded that from a very reliable source (friends actually working for weather/atmosphere at Environment Canada),

(a) in canadian meteorological jargon, preciptation chances < 60% means it likely won't rain at all, > 60 % means it will likely rain, and

(b) the Ottawa river valley has very changing weather so a three day prediction is the maximum that can be trusted, the five-day prediction is, in their words, 'fanciful' and only included to make canadian prediction resemble the US ones (which are more accurate, with 10X the number of weather stations on their territory).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:00:37 PM by ChristianG »

Offline coolfarmer816

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 07:28:01 AM »
You welcome
I stay at the camping Sat.
I use the online registration, work good, just have to click 'lost my password' and the send you one automatically by email

Merci Beaucoup d’avoir pris en charge la réduction du prix de camping Daniel.

C’est génial de ta part!😀

Thanks for taking care of the reservation and reduction in price Daniel.

Genius move on your part! 😊(sourire anglophone... 😜)

PAUL👏👏👏

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »
Merci Beaucoup d’avoir pris en charge la réduction du prix de camping Daniel.

C’est génial de ta part!😀

Thanks for taking care of the reservation and reduction in price Daniel.

Genius move on your part! 😊(sourire anglophone... 😜)

PAUL👏👏👏
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:57:03 PM by Paul Potvin »

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
I'll be going on Saturday for the day.
Looking to share a ride/gas costs.

Offline egilbert

• CdBMember2022
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
I'll be there Saturday. I'll also camp Friday if the weather is good.

Elizabeth

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 12:07:47 AM »
Same for me!

Paul :)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »
Great! Depending on weather I might go up Friday.

--C.

Offline coolfarmer816

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
Ottawa river weekend (July13-15)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 03:26:37 PM »
Our club's Ottawa River Weekend is happening on Friday July 13 to Sunday the 15!

This is a camping/paddling weekend on the Ottawa river. Some people arrive Friday evening.
We already contact River Run Rafting and we will be located at the Camping site 'Upper Campsite (previously named Paddler's Meadow') at River Run Rafting. The reservation number is 129026.

At the main camp there are also change rooms, hot showers, an outdoor covered restaurant great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, a small store, a bar with a pool table, entertainment at night with big group bonfire going on (or make a fire at your camp site).
To avoid waiting at the gate, you could make your own reservation online with the link below
The price for 1 night (Saturday) is $15/person and include the take out fee for Sat and Sunday

http://www.riverrunrafting.com/resources/payments/?rsvno=129026&glcustno=5911450&pmtamt=15

If its your fisrt time this year, you could also fill the waiver online
http://www.riverrunrafting.com/resources/waiver/?rsvno=129026&glcustno=5911450

This club camping weekend does not involve a 'Feast' (that one takes place in August), so bring your own food.
Groups can go down the Middle Channel, the Main Channel, park and play, level dependent of course.

The plan is to meet at the campsite at River run at 11:00 on Saturday to arrange shuttle.  For carpooling, meet at the Eagleson Park'n'Ride at 9:30.

We hope you can all attend.

Here is a link for directions to River Run: http://www.riverrunrafting.com/resources/directions/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:06:54 PM by ChristianG »