Author Topic: Petite Nation play and run on Sunday May 24th is a go (with bike shuttle)  (Read 1633 times)

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-2
Pretty good social distancing, but if I had of had a speaker I would of been barking to put on your face masks :)

Offline ylockhead

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
We had 7 paddlers in 6 boats show up. 

That road is bad for cycling.  Large and lose gravel, soft shoulders and the occasional angry dog made for an interesting ride with narrow urban tires.  The Ottawa bike shuttle is pleasant compared to this one. 

Thanks, Yannick and all, for a very nice day on the water! And yes, you were of course right, you did say to leave the bike at the takeout - it comes at a price that I"m trying to stay away from coffee on weekends - so sorry!
But in a way I guess it was meant to be because the gravel would not have been much appreciated by my bike.
Hope you made it back safely!
Dani

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Thanks, Yannick and all, for a very nice day on the water! And yes, you were of course right, you did say to leave the bike at the takeout - it comes at a price that I"m trying to stay away from coffee on weekends - so sorry!
But in a way I guess it was meant to be because the gravel would not have been much appreciated by my bike.
Hope you made it back safely!
Dani

Offline ylockhead

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
It should be ok but there is some gravel road.

Thanks! Will be there. Road bike for shuttle ok, I think?

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
Thanks! Will be there. Road bike for shuttle ok, I think?

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
Where is this kayak school?
May want to join you.
Dani

Here are the GPS co-ordinates for the parking lot at the putin: 45.672028, -75.043814

Bill

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
Where is this kayak school?
May want to join you.
Dani

Offline ylockhead

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
TRIP is a go.  11 AM at the kayak school. 

Please reply here if you are interested.  If there is enough interest, we can make it a trip.I am posting to gauge interest in a trip on the Petite Nation on Sunday May 24th 11 AM.  To maintain social distancing, I suggest bike shuttles.  Leave bikes at the takeout and park at the kayak school for 11 AM.  Walk up the first canyon 1 or more times to play and then run the river. 

Level is low 30s so not too pushy.  https://www.cehq.gouv.qc.ca/suivihydro/graphique.asp?NoStation=040406

Yannick
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:12:49 PM by ylockhead »