Author Topic: Paddling at Champlain Bridge Saturday!  (Read 2079 times)

Jeremy Poulin

Re: Paddling at Champlain Bridge Saturday!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:12:28 AM »
Well, I just have to say, I can't beleive Paul hasn't been on here to post yet (and maybe he has elsewhere (I'm new to this site and haven't looked around much yet)) how much fun we had (and how not that cold it was) paddling at Champlain on saturday.  Its a shame there weren't more of us.
That being said, hopefully we'll see more of you out on saturday at the wall (the eddy isn't in, so be prepared to walk) on saturday.
Later
jer

windowshade

Paddling at Champlain Bridge Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
I went by today. The road has been cleared, though you have to walk through tree feet of snow to get to the wall. All the waves are good and the second one has a thirty feet wide foam pile! The level is not as high as it will be later but still good enough for any type of playing or just surfing. No ice at all in the eddy below. I will be paddling Saturday at 2pm (predictions, sunny and 2 Celsius). If you'd like to join, please be advised that the water is as cold as it's ever going to be, that a solid roll is a prerequisite (don't know if I spelled that right..) and that cold water apparel is a must! See you at Champlain Saturday!

Paul  ;D