Linked Events

• Beastfeast 2008: August 09, 2008 - August 10, 2008

Author Topic: Beastfeast 2008  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
Re: Beastfeast 2008
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 04:07:21 PM »
Oh my gosh - I think Larry cuts and pastes and sends the same emails every year...too funny.
I agree - no reservation or our prices will double. Just show up.

Can't wait.

Sandra

cmnypny

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »
OK ... so not pending dieing between now and them I am in.

I will be off at the ottawa paddling the mon thru fri and then gat sat/sun and then petawawa sun night/mon to visit my dad and then home

GrahameH

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
Who was up at the Bonnet Rouge last weekend and can they give us an update on the site?  I guess that the only difference to Beastfeast 2008 will be that we will have to bring our own breakfast instead of lining up and waiting for it to be served.

windowshade

Vegetarian Option?
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
Who would like Darryl to cook us up something tasty and vegetarian too! Maybe some veggie lasagna, a crowd favorite or veggie chile or veggie dogs and burgers?

Let us know!

Paul  ;D

PatB

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 09:11:40 PM »
Steph and I will be there for sure! Looking forward to our first Beastfeast!

windowshade

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »
I'll try to negociate a price, but Larry is right :o (mark that down somewhere Larry!), the reservation is so that we can get the site near the portable VC, really the best site on the whole site. The whole weekend will cost you about $35 if I remember correctly, not including the gas to get there. Haggling over saving 5 bucks is really a non starter for me, but if you guys insist, I'll try.... ::) The food, the delicious feast is of course GRATIS! Please bring something to share with the group. Last year we were almost 100 strong. I'm bringing buns!!!! :D

Paul ;D

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »
Beast Feast is free with club membership (your membership fee helps pay for the food & prizes).  The only other cost other than the cost of gas to get there is Bonnet Rouge's camping fees (I think around $6 per person, but I can be wrong), which are paid by the individual and the access fee at the put in ($3 a head).

If Bonnet Rouge has a non-alcohol policy, they have never enforced it, so I wouldn't let that worry you.

There are other costs .... approximated figures

boat - $700
paddle - $400
other paddling gear - $300

car to put gas in:  $20,000

camping fee - $10 a night

haggling over ten bucks: priceless

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
hi

Well Isabelle charges $20 for the weekend, whether you show Friday evening or Saturday morning because she states that she is saving a place for us.
Eventually I learned not to make reservations because 80% of the members showed up Saturday morning.
The only thing I used to check was if there was any major event.. Bonnet Rouge used to host a "transcendental" music festival. Generally the OVKC or Montreal Kayak club show up on the Long weekends

Bonnet Rouge is a huge field and the only time you would need to make a reservation is when you wanted to camp on the lower deck.

In other words don't even try to negotiate or make reservations....

Just follow the rules
day paddle $3
camping $10 night ... check in 4 pm
park your car in the correct spot for the day
and those staying just for dinner ... maybe pay the day rate???

so if you arrive Saturday morning .. stash your camping gear in tarp somewhere ... paddle and check in later.

Larry

GrahameH

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:43:40 AM »
That's counter-intuitive.  I heard that last year, we just got a "quote" and didn't bargain it down. 

Late Ray

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 11:56:44 PM »
I believe that IS the problem.  When we've "negotiated" in the past, they raised the rates.  When we didn't tell them and just showed up, we got lower rates.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've heard.

carine

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:07:15 PM »
Beast Feast is free with club membership (your membership fee helps pay for the food & prizes).  The only other cost other than the cost of gas to get there is Bonnet Rouge's camping fees (I think around $6 per person, but I can be wrong), which are paid by the individual and the access fee at the put in ($3 a head).

If Bonnet Rouge has a non-alcohol policy, they have never enforced it, so I wouldn't let that worry you.

i dont' remember exactly the Bonnet Rouge prices for last year, but it definitely wasn't THAT cheap... more like 10$/pers/day... so 20$ to share a tent... ?

Late Ray

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »

cmnypny

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 11:19:42 AM »
Actually GatFest is always the weekend before Labour Day so it is not early.

I will be kind of limited in travel this summer due to the pending gas prices.

What will be the cost for BF outside of getting there and back.

Never stayed at Bonnet Rouge before.

Don't they have a non-alcohol policy?

darryll

Beastfeast 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:05:09 PM »
Hi everyone in keeping with tradition the CDB annual Beastfeast will be held the weekend of 09/10 August at Bonnet Rouge. It is a bit early this year as the Gat Fest is also a week early.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:26:29 PM by GrahameH »