Author Topic: beast feast  (Read 1101 times)

cdbkayak2008

Re: beast feast
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »

Hi,
I also intend to go up Saturday and come back Sunday, but since I am still a beginner and not up to running a new river just yet, I will hang out at the base camp since I am told that there's a rapid there and I can practice rolling etc. So, I am probably not a great choice for a carpool since I am not in any kind of rush to get there and intend to turn up later in the morning - possibly as late as noon.

So, can someone tell me if I have the basic details correct, please?

I don't need a reservation. I can just turn up and pay whatever fee the person at the gate wants.
It will be easy enough to find the campground by following google maps from my place to the civic address of the campground (or whatever directions they have on their website)
It will be easy enough to find you guys because somebody at the reception will know something about Beastfeast.
I guess most people I would recognize will be on the river that day already, but Darryl will be at the last rapid (that's what he told me he was going to do on Saturday and it was his suggestion that this might be the more fun option for me for now)
I should bring snacks for lunch and breakfast and something to share with the group for the dinner.  I should bring beverages too.
I could decide to run the river on Sunday because there will be other beginners and I could just walk the rapids I don't feel like trying (although at the moment I have another thing to do in Ottawa on Sunday afternoon).

It would be great if someone could confirm that this plan of mine is probably going to work!

Thanks!
Terry

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
Re: beast feast
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
Hi,

I'm planning to also go on Saturday morning and coming back on Sunday. If you want, you can E-mail me at avalade@videotron.ca. I would also like to carpool

Annie

ticlem

beast feast
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 05:26:39 PM »
who is heading up saturday morning to beast feast? I would like to follow someone or get a ride. I'll be paddling both days.