Author Topic: Hello from Colorado Springs  (Read 791 times)

Offline robert monti

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-4
Re: Hello from Colorado Springs
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
Wendy: That explains why we didn't see you with the other open boaters like Gaetan from Les Portageurs or Ann and Brian who I ran into scouting some of the drops on the Bottom Moose this past weekend. Open boaters were well represented this weekend. Don't forget to send trip reports when you notch some new river runs. Cheers!

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
Re: Hello from Colorado Springs
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:37 AM »
Wow Wendy! Can't believe you have moved:)  Perhaps we can come and visit you, but it may be with funny looking kayaks (aka skis).

Let's us know about the kayaking once you get out...

Offline Wendy Gilmour

• CdBMember2015
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
Hello from Colorado Springs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say hello from Colorado.   After a few years of resistance, I was finally posted this summer - but managed to avoid leaving the continent.  I am now installed in Colorado Springs, Colorado - about an hour south of Denver, and an hour east of the Arkansas River - which boasts a variety of runs from high volume steep creeking through to low volume rock dodging, depending on the time of year.   I have brought my open boats and (gasp) a kayak ... there arn't many single bladers in the Rockies.  Something I will try to correct.

So if anyone feels like a trip to the Rockies, come on down!   

Hope everyone has a great winter, and I will keep my fingers crossed for a good snow pack.

cheers
Wendy