Author Topic: Newcomers' Day Report!  (Read 1020 times)

Maryse_d

Re: Newcomers' Day Report!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »
I?m so sad I missed the newcomer?s day. But I?m glad to see you all had fun!

See you soon!

Cheers!

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »
hi

Timing is all relative. Yes, I arrived a half hour later than you or at 10 am as the trip posting specified.
Fishing ... yep, rather than fight my way though what looked like 30+ rafts hanging about in the eddy at McCoys, I took a few casts from the shore.

Fishing?? ... yep a shameless plug for the "CdB Downriver Fishing derby"  to happen in early July, to coincide with the Ontario Family Fishing week ..

Larry

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
For a sec, I thought my lack of glasses prevented me from seeing the malfunction in progress...
Or maybe that occurred when I was face-surfing Garb... :-\
Glasses, come back to papa.
LD

windowshade

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »
Apparently I was, malfunction happenned on another day then? Seemed like it was what everyone was talking about....so I though it had happenned that day...

Paul

Late Ray

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »
"Ray had an equipment malfunction at Push Button, followed by a nice refreshing swim...'

Huh??? Were you at a different newcomers day than I was? 

windowshade

Newcomers' Day Report!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »
Great Day on the river. Most of us opted to paddle the Middle Channel and hearded the Dej clan through its paces. Tibor conquered Lower No Name,even with a flip and a roll, CONGRATS TIBOR, you didn't swim! Barbora didn't even flip! She needs more challenging rapids...We paddled all the rapid sections. Thomas was fearless and even though he had a few swim none of them where of any consequences. Dito for Mark. Both young men did prove they could roll. I proved that I need practice with my hand roll. Bill was steady as always, leading us through the safest lines, all the duckies behing him, including in Lower No Name. Larry arrived at River Run half an hour after everyone else. For this he gets the Phapher Award! Though he did make it up by doing Carthweels at S-Bend and running Rapids while casting his fishing rod at the same time. The guy has style! John Bus was there too. Nice to have him paddle with us again. Our prodigal son Chris Faraday is back with us and he's half the man he used to be. I really wish I knew his secret! Sarah and Chris paddled with us too and provided helpfull tips to the new duckies. The after paddle party was held at the Dejs, courtesy of Tibor and Yana, who proved to be a great hostess! Thanks Yana! The food looked mouthwatering. All the new paddlers got prizes, courtesy of Jason at Paddle Shack. Thanks Jason, mush appreciated! Robert showed me a new brace roll which I shall practice from now on, good, thanks Robert, good advice! Poor Louis lost his glasses at Garb and Ray had an equipment malfunction at Push Button, followed by a nice refreshing swim... Next time opt for the Middle maybe... We met two new paddlers, Jim and Tina who thouroughly enjoyed themselves on the Middle. Steve had an interesting line through Lucifer, but rolled up like a champ!

That's all I can remember right now, need to get some shut eye.. May paddle again tomorrow..maybe...

Paul ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:07:26 PM by Paul Potvin »