Author Topic: Sat July 10th - Downriver adventure/fishing derby  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Micratech

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
Re: Sat July 10th - Downriver adventure/fishing derby
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »
I'm planning on paddling the Main this weekend (maybe both days), but I'm wondering if anyone would prefer
a later start on Saturday; how about carpool from Eagleson OC Transpo around 10AM?

Mike R.
823-4385

Offline wendy

• CdbMember2018
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
Crap! My collapsable rod is in Montreal!! Maybe I can do the ol' string on a stick.

Offline Heather

• CdBMember2013
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
I am in and will be jetting down the river around 1:30 to catch the FIFA 3/4th place game at 2:15 at River Run. Can we take out there? I am counting on Ray to hook me up with appropriate fishing gear.

Heather

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
Sat July 10th - Downriver adventure/fishing derby
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »

River: Ottawa Main Channel
Meet time and place: 10:30 am @ the River Run gate house....

Kayak Angling is becoming a great spot these days ... or another excuse to get out of doing weekend chores. Everyone has heard of "Surf and Turf", well this day can be called "Surf and Play"

Fishing derby? Why not ... Ontario's Family Fishing Week July 3-11 provides an opportunity to fish without a fishing license.
This is an early post, which allows people interested to get their fishing gear ready. The trick is to able to carry the fishing gear in your boat of choice, but also capable of running/playing the river. Canadian Tire has a bunch of stuff on sale this week ... or just be creative.

Prizes and bragging rights are up for grabs.

For those folks only interested in the play portion, you are more than welcome to join in and cheer on the fishing folks.

More details and fishing tips later..... Maybe Ray C can provide some of his fishing knowledge.

Larry