Author Topic: Newcomers' Day Paddle + BBQ June 15  (Read 3093 times)

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: Newcomers' Day Paddle + BBQ June 15
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
For those interested, I've posted on my blog about that day and it includes a video. Enjoy!

http://onlineluc.com/blog/2013/6/20/cdbs-newcomers-day-on-the-ottawa-river-video

Good Video!

(nice run down Staircase)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 11:15:29 PM »
I had a great first paddle on the river amongst many friends and had the pleasure of meeting members I didn't know.

Most of all, I would like to thank you Kelly, Christian, Jeremy, Daniel, Don, Richard, Bill and all of you who have helped me after the paddle as my car was stranded at the put in.

I am happy to say that things got sorted all and that my car is safely sitting at work in the parking lot!

Thank you very much, once more! I do not wish any troubles to any of you, but want to let you now that I hope I can return the favor one day!

Cheers,
Caroline

It's all good as long as you didn't have to buy a new paddle!

Paul  ;D

Offline lafreniere.luc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +13/-3
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »
For those interested, I've posted on my blog about that day and it includes a video. Enjoy!

http://onlineluc.com/blog/2013/6/20/cdbs-newcomers-day-on-the-ottawa-river-video

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-4
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 08:05:59 AM »
I had a great first paddle on the river amongst many friends and had the pleasure of meeting members I didn't know.

Most of all, I would like to thank you Kelly, Christian, Jeremy, Daniel, Don, Richard, Bill and all of you who have helped me after the paddle as my car was stranded at the put in.

I am happy to say that things got sorted all and that my car is safely sitting at work in the parking lot!

Thank you very much, once more! I do not wish any troubles to any of you, but want to let you now that I hope I can return the favor one day!

Cheers,
Caroline

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
That was a great day! Thanks Bill, Christian and Larry. Paul, you were missed.

Adam

Offline robert monti

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-4
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 05:09:44 PM »
Awesome Day!  Thank you from Rainen and me to all our "safety" boaters - Larry, Jim, Bill. Rainen had a wonderful first paddle down the Middle in the dynamic duo. It was the perfect day surrounded by supportive club members having a great time, to introduce my son to the beauty of the Ottawa River. This morning he says, "You know Dad, I think I can paddle that on my own next time."  He also told me that next time he thinks we should run McCoys instead of the zoom flume. I wanted to build his confidence - I guess it worked!  :)

From the back of the duo I couldn't see the smile on his face until Luc sent me the video today. Thanks Luc!

Offline Jeremy Poulin

• CdBMember2012
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 10:32:12 PM »
Looks like I'll be coming with you guys!
See you then!
jer

Offline Jeremy Poulin

• CdBMember2012
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »
There is a group from PRR that is going at 9, so, I'll be paddling, just haven't decided if its with them or you lol
later
jer

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 02:43:46 PM »
I would have room for a passenger in my car. And I am bringing an extra skirt or two...

--C.

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
Lost in the message at the start of this thread

10 am - River Run

Did we set a meet time for Saturday morning?  and where - RiverRunner or put in (McCoy's)?

Adam

Offline Derek22

• CdBMember2014
  • Class I
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »
Awesome thanks Larry see you sat am...

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »
Did we set a meet time for Saturday morning?  and where - RiverRunner or put in (McCoy's)?

Adam

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
When you arrive at River Run, which is indicated by the big sign at the gate house, you will have to pay money to camp. Normally the gate house is not staffed in the evening and guests are directed to go to the main office which is located close by.

River Run staff will happily take your money and answer any questions you might have. Ask to camp in what they call Paddler's Meadow or Pet haven if you bring your dog.

Larry W

Hey, I will also be attending and looking to camp... I'm planing on arriving tonight but I have never camped at river run and not sure what I'm looking for when I arrive is it a camp ground? and on the map there are two roads going into RR. Witch one do I turn down the one just south of McCoy rd or the rd just about parallel to McCoy rd?

Derek.

Offline Derek22

• CdBMember2014
  • Class I
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Hey, I will also be attending and looking to camp... I'm planing on arriving tonight but I have never camped at river run and not sure what I'm looking for when I arrive is it a camp ground? and on the map there are two roads going into RR. Witch one do I turn down the one just south of McCoy rd or the rd just about parallel to McCoy rd?

Derek.

Offline Martink

• CdBMember2014
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +3/-1
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »
So I will be camping at rr until Monday with Laine, Vero and ariane are also camping but until Sunday.