Author Topic: ROUGE 7 SISTERS THURSDAY 10H30 TAKE-OUT  (Read 1461 times)

Offline marcg

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-1
Re: ROUGE 7 SISTERS THURSDAY 10H30 TAKE-OUT
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
I agree that is a nice level  I wish I could have gone back today. We also ran that last little double drop on Wednesday

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:37:04 PM »
Very nice day. The river flowed at about 48 m^3/s, which is a very nice level. We all ran one of the falls--well, the little creeky double drop of the last one anyway. --C.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:27:16 PM »
Alright. 10:30 take-out.

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »
Whoa... I had in mind a lazy afternoon paddle... 10:30 at the take out is possible but I will have to see if I can make it. Scouting rapids is fine with me, no rush.

As for parking... The municipal campground is on the north side of HW 148 and just on the east side of the river. They told us we can park in the driveway, as long as 1/2 of the gate is free and can be opened if necessary. Of course you can park on the west side of the river (one of your red dots), but it's a longer walk... As for the 'Place Rouge', your other red dot on south side of HW 148, it's a private campground that's likely closed for the season.

I should be able to make it, but will confirm later tonight.

--C.

Sure let me know, my friend has to be in Hawkesbury for 8 am. If you want to go a little later that should be ok, just let me know what time would be better for you. I was thinking before noon not to let JF wait too long that's all. Although it's not the end of the world as he will be at his parents place.

As for the take-out, if we can park a car at the municipal camping that would be good. Probably easier.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »
Whoa... I had in mind a lazy afternoon paddle... 10:30 at the take out is possible but I will have to see if I can make it. Scouting rapids is fine with me, no rush.

As for parking... The municipal campground is on the north side of HW 148 and just on the east side of the river. They told us we can park in the driveway, as long as 1/2 of the gate is free and can be opened if necessary. Of course you can park on the west side of the river (one of your red dots), but it's a longer walk... As for the 'Place Rouge', your other red dot on south side of HW 148, it's a private campground that's likely closed for the season.

I should be able to make it, but will confirm later tonight.

--C.

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
    • My YouTube channel
ROUGE 7 SISTERS THURSDAY 10H30 TAKE-OUT
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:30:17 PM »
Me, Christian and a friend of mine are doing the 7 Sisters tomorrow. We are meeting at the take out at 10h30 tomorrow morning. Not too sure where though. I did a quick map to show you where we used to park, let me know if that's ok. Just one thing though, we will be paddling with my friend who hasn't paddled in 2 years. He is a bit nervous and feels rusted so we are going to take our time, scout and set safety if needed..

Cheers.